Here’s a sampling of some beer trivia from Maddy’s last night in case you missed it. Answers below. UPDATE: Check out the recap of last night’s game.
- (Movies) Before his most famous role in Star Wars, this British actor won an Academy Award for his role as Colonel Nicholson in The Bridge on the River Kwai.
- (Plants) In botany, what is the term for the embryotic shoot that comes out of the stem of a plant, that eventually blooms into a flower?
- (Architecture) What is the term for the architectural piece at the crown of a vault or arch which marks its apex, locking the other pieces into position?
- (Geography) What Japanese city, the 5th largest in terms of population, was the first Asian city to host the Winter Olympics in 1972?
- (US Presidents) What US president famously stated “Read my lips, no new taxes” at the Republican National Convention before receiving the presidential nomination?
- (US History) Contrary to popular belief, this American statesman and Founding Father from Boston didn’t actually brew beer itself, but only produced the malt found in beer.
- (Astronomy) Most easily observed during a solar eclipse, what is the term for the plasma atmosphere that surrounds the sun?
- (Sports) This former NBA star played his entire career with the Indiana Pacers and once scored 8 points in 11 seconds to stun the NY Knicks in game 1 of the 1995 Eastern Conference semifinals.
- (Geography) What is the name of the mountain range shared by both the United States and Spain?
- (Word Play) Often used in an expression meaning “a rare event”, what is the more common term for the second full moon of a calendar month?
And for you multiple answer, name the TV show associated with these beers:
a. Duff Beer
b. Dharma Beer
c. Pawtucket Patriot
d. Samuel Jackson
e. Buzz Beer
f. Pabst Blue Robot
g. Shotz Beer
h. Girlie Girl Beer
i. Rocketfuel Malt Liquor
j. Schmitts Gay Beer
1-10 (Alec Guinness)(Bud)(Keystone)(Sapporo)(George HW Bush (Busch))(Sam Adams)(Corona)(Reggie Miller)(Sierra Nevada)(Blue Moon)
a-j (The Simpsons)(Lost)(Family Guy)(Chappelle’s Show)(Drew Carey Show)(Futurama)(Laverne and Shirley)(Married with Children)(News Radio)(Saturday Night Live)