In case you missed out on my very special labor day edition of trivia at Maddy’s on Wednesday, here it is, free of charge! Answers are below the Working Man.
- (Fun & Games) Along with The Electric Company, what is the other utility property on a standard Monopoly board?
- (Sports) What athlete was featured in Spike Lee’s 2009 documentary Doin’ Work?
- (Famous Figures) Whose tombstone reads “Workers of all lands unite”?
- (Literature) First published in 1873, what female author wrote a semi-autobiographical novel entitled Work: A Story of Experience, about the changes in women’s work in the new industrial era?
- (Science) Measured in terms of joules, what is the term in physics for the amount of energy transferred by force acting through a distance?
- (Movies) In the 1999 film Office Space, the character played David Herman shares his name with what famous singer?
- (Movies) What live-action Walt Disney Movie featured the “Happy Working Song”
- (Movies) Who starred in and wrote the theme song to the 1980 film 9 to 5?
- (Movies) Set in an urban dystopian future, what 1927 film directed by Fritz Lang explored the social crisis of capitalism as expressed by the likes of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels?
- (Name Game) The global equivalent of Labor Day, International Workers Day, a national holiday founded in 1891 and celebrated in more than 80 countries, is also known as what?
- (US Presidents) Who was the only American President to be president of a Labor Union?
- (Politics) Great Britain’s Labour Party was in power from 1997 to 2010 when this man resigned as Prime Minister last May
- (Music) What singer went into labor on June 2, 2011 and gave birth to daughter Willow Sage?
- (Exclusive Clubs) Washington DC trial lawyer and litigation partner DeMaurice Smith is the executive director of this labor union.
(Water Works) (Kobe Bryant) (Karl Marx) (Louisa May Alcott) (Work) (Michael Bolton) (Enchanted) (Dolly Parton) (Metropolis) (May Day) (Ronald Reagan) (Gordon Brown) (Pink) (NFLPA)