A good portion of this blog is dedicated to sports and pop-culture. So why not get the best of both worlds with a little Jeopardy-style “before-and-after” to get you revved up for this weekend’s games? In case you are unfamiliar with the premiss of the game, each answer combines the name of a current NFL player with a random piece of trivia. At the very least, you might get some good Fantasy Football nicknames out of this!
- Example. This dessert made of marshmallow, butter and cereal was invented by a Baltimore Ravens running back. Answer: Ray Rice Krispie Treats
Answers are below so no peaking…
- This Baltimore Ravens linebacker took time in the off-season to write about Alice in Wonderland.
- One half of this songwriting duo, with Broadway hits such as “Oklahoma”, “The King and I”, and “The Sound of Music”, is the starting quarterback for the Green Bay Packers.
- This 2010 post-apocalyptic flick starred Denzel Washington as the quarterback of the New York Giants.
- This outspoken Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker landed a role in the summer action film Cowboys & Aliens.
- This Minnesota Vikings quarterback is from the home planet of Jar Jar Binks.
- The main character of this Athenian tragedy, written by Sophocles in 429 BC, was just named the starting quarterback for the Washington Redskins.
- This movie starring Piper Perabo features a Cleveland Browns quarterback as a bartender.
- Technical term for the clothing incident at the halftime show of Super Bowl XXVIII, involding Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, and a Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver.
- This Woody Allen movie stars Penelope Cruz as last season’s Comeback Player of the Year.
- This boy from South Park went into “Beast Mode” on a critical 4th quarter play to beat the New Orleans Saints in last year’s NFC Wildcard game.
- This 2009 George Clooney movie co-starred a 2010 breakout Houston Texans running back.
- Michael Moore’s Academy Award winning documentary about a second-year Denver Broncos quarterback.
(Ray Lewis Carroll)(Aaron Rodgers and Hammerstein)(The Book of Eli Manning)(James Harrison Ford)(Donovan McNaboo)(Oedipus Rex Grossman)(Colt McCoyote Ugly)(Hines Wardrobe Malfunction)(Michael Vicky Cristina Barcelona)(Stan Marshawn Lynch)(Up in the Arian Foster)(Tim Tebowling for Columbine)