I hope you were like me and got off work today. Or like Josh who “has off everyday”. To celebrate, here’s the Columbus Day trivia that made up Round 3 last week (and one from Round 4). Also make sure to check out the accompanying “IMDB Chris Columbus” picture round. Answers are below Columbus.
- (Geography) In what European city can you find Christoforo Colombo international airport?
- (Television) With notable big screen roles in The Princess Bride and The In-Laws, what actor played homicide detective Lieutenant Columbo during the 1970s and 80s (and 90s and 200os)?
- (Sports) The Columbus Blue Jackets entered the NHL in the year 2000 with what other franchise?
- (Holidays) Translated as “Day of the Race” (as in Day of the Hispanic people), countries in Latin America celebrate this holiday en lieu of Columbus Day.
- (Everyone Knows..) Everyone knows that La Nina was one of the three ships used by Columbus on his first voyage. What you may not know is that Nina was just a nickname for the boat, named after its owner Juan Nino. What was the actual name of La Nina?
- (Explorers) In 1513, what Spanish explorer and conquistador became the first European to see the Pacific Ocean from the New World, after traversing Panama?