To honor Veterans Day, Round 2 of trivia this week was dedicated to war. Answers are below the flag. You can also find the answers to the accompanying War Movie picture round.
- In 1815, Emperor Napoleon was able to escape exile and return to power but was promptly defeated at the Battle of Waterloo in this country.
- The 12th President of the United States, Zachary Taylor, had a 40-year military career for the United States where he earned this nickname.
- December 7, 1941 was the day that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. On what island can you find Pearl Harbor?
- Everyone knows that the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria sparked the beginning of World War I. What city was Archduke Ferdiand visiting when he was assassinated?
- What British Army officer surrendered to George Washington at the decisive Battle of Yorktown in 1781, signaling the beginning of the end of the Revolutionary War?