To honor Veterans Day, Round 2 of trivia this week was dedicated to war. Answers are below the flag. You can also find the answers to the accompanying War Movie picture round.
- In 1815, Emperor Napoleon was able to escape exile and return to power but was promptly defeated at the Battle of Waterloo in this country.
- The 12th President of the United States, Zachary Taylor, had a 40-year military career for the United States where he earned this nickname.
- December 7, 1941 was the day that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. On what island can you find Pearl Harbor?
- Everyone knows that the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria sparked the beginning of World War I. What city was Archduke Ferdiand visiting when he was assassinated?
- What British Army officer surrendered to George Washington at the decisive Battle of Yorktown in 1781, signaling the beginning of the end of the Revolutionary War?
(Belgium)(Old Rough and Ready)(Oahu)(Sarajevo, Boznia)(General Lord Cornwallis)
PICTURE ROUND ANSWERS: (Jarhead)(Platoon)(Full Metal Jacket)(Das Boot)(Great Escape)(Gone with the Wind)(Hotel Rwanda)(Stalag 17)(Deer Hunter)(Fail-Safe)