Were you too busy watching the Olympics to come to Olympic Trivia last night? Well lucky you: here’s what you missed. The answers are below The Greatest.
- (Famous firsts) On August 2nd, Kayla Harrison became the first American to win the gold medal in what sport?
- (Fun with Numbers) 15 year old Katie Ledecky from Bethesda, Maryland won the gold medal in the women’s 800 m freestyle. How many lengths of the pool did she swim?
- (Famous Firsts, part II) Name one of the two countries beginning with the letter “G” that won their first ever Olympic medals in these 2012 Olympic Games.
- (Famous Firsts, part III) Yi Siling of China won the first gold medal of the 2012 Games while competing in what event?
- (Mythology) Dating back to 1928, medal winners from every Summer games will see this goddess on the back of their medal.
- (Swimming) Who was the anchor for the gold medal-winning team USA in the men’s 4 x 100 M freestyle relay at the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics
- (Track and Field) What Canadian sprinter set a then world record in the 100m dash with a time of 9.84 seconds at the 1996 Summer Games in Atlanta?
- (Boxing) As an amateur boxer then known as Cassius Clay, Muhammad Ali won the Olympic gold medal in the light heavyweight boxing event in what host city [in 1960]?
- (Water Polo) What country beat the USSR is a water polo match, dubbed the “Blood in the water match”, at the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne, the same year the country initiated an uprising against its government’s Soviet-imposed policies?
- (Gymnastics) Who did Béla Károlyi famously tell to “Shake it off! You can do it!”
(Judo) (16) (Guatemala and Grenada) (Women’s 10 metre air rifle) (Nike) (Jason Lezak) (Donovan Bailey) (Rome) (Hungary) (Kerri Strug)