Where sports and pop-culture collide! The following quiz is a Jeopardy-style “before-and-after” to get you revved up for Week 2. In case you are unfamiliar with the premiss of the game, each answer combines the name of a current NFL player with a random piece of trivia. Even if you think you suck at trivia, you might get some inspiration for some halfway decent Fantasy Football nicknames.
- Example. This dessert made of marshmallow, butter and cereal was invented by a Baltimore Ravens running back. Answer: Ray Rice Krispie Treats
Answers are below the photo of the answer to #7
- This acclaimed 1949 British film noir directed by Carol Reed starred Orson Welles alongside a Washington Redskins quarterback.
- This Kansas City Chief wide receiver is the weapon of choice of Katniss Everdeen.
- This second-year New England Patriots running back directed such hits as Alien, Blade Runner, and most recently Prometheus.
- This San Diego Chargers quarterback moonlights as the lead singer and guitarist for the alternative rock band Weezer.
- Collectively, these are known as the three physical laws that form the basis for classical mechanics, as stated by a Carolina Panthers quarterback.
- This Detroit Lions wide receiver was an influential theologian and pastor during the Protestant Reformation.
- This film based on Stephen King novel starred a New York Giants running back that escapes from prison.
- This Dr. Seuss book tells the story of Sam I Am and a Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver.
- This rock band burst onto the scene with their hit single “Pumped up Kicks” while setting a Houston Texans franchise record with 231 yards and 3 touchdowns on opening day in 2010.
Looking for more? Here is last year’s quiz.
(Robert Griffin the Third Man)(Dwayne Bowe and Arrow)(Stevan Ridley Scott)(Philip Rivers Cuomo)(Cam Newton’s Laws of Motion)(John Calvin Johnson)(Ahmad Bradshawshank Redemption)(A.J. Green Eggs and Ham)(Arian Foster the People)