A holiday can’t go by without me exploiting some trivia questions out of it. So here it is, your Valentine’s Day Trivia Quiz. Answers are below a dozen roses.
ALSO I’ve got 5 bonus V-Day questions for you if you show up to next Tuesday’s (Feb 19, 2013) Trivia Night at Ventnor Sports Cafe (Washington DC). I save the best for the live performances..
- (US States) What US state’s official state flower is the rose?
- (Sports) In College football, The Rose Bowl is played every New Year’s Day in what California city?
- (Movies) Loosely based on the life Janis Joplin, who starred in and performed all the songs on the soundtrack to the 1979 film The Rose?
- (Cartoons) Tenderheart is a character on this children’s TV show, and is traditionally featured on their logo.
- (Sports) Wayne Gretzky won the Hart Trophy as the NHL’s most valuable player a record 8 times in a row while playing for what team?
- (Mythology) Venus is to Aphrodite as Cupid is to…
- (Astronomy) The moon known as Cupid does not orbit his mother Venus, but instead orbits this planet which has the third-largest radius and the fourth-largest planetary mass. *J
- (Music) “Cupid” is a 1961 hit single recorded and written by what gospel/R&B/soul artist?
- (Famous Tourist Traps) The oldest known valentine was a poem written by Charles, Duke of Orleans from a place known as Her Majesty’s Royal Palace and Fortress. What is this place better known as? *J
- (Music) What rock band released the song “Feel Like Makin Love” in 1975
*J – Credit where credit is due. Jay Ray wrote this question.
(New York)(Pasadena)(Bette Midler)(Care Bears)(Edmonton Oilers)(Eros)(Uranus)(Sam Cooke) (The Tower of London)(Bad Company)