Not all bar trivia is easy. That’s why we have some people that take home first-place bar dollars, and others that earn last place CVS-brand gummie worms.
Below are some of the harder questions from last week’s Trivia Night at Ventnor Sports Cafe, based on the number of incorrect responses.
The correct answers, as well as all the teams’ wrong answers, are below.
If you aced this mini-quiz, you’re sure to smoke the competition in a live setting. We’re back at it tomorrow night at 8:30. So join us, won’t you please?
- (Movies) What 1977 science fiction thriller about a hoax surrounding the first manned mission to Mars, starred James Brolin, Sam Waterston and O.J. Simpson?(0/8 correct)
- (Fun and Games) In addition to letters A-Z and numbers 0-9, what three words are usually included on a standard Ouija board? (0/8 correct)
- (Literature) What novel, which was first published in serial installments from 1873 to 1877 began with the line “Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way” (0/8 correct) [DISCLAIMER: This is a Jay Ray Trivia question]
- (Music) Notable for playing alongside David Lee Roth, and with rock bands Mr. Big and Niacin, musician Billy Sheehan is a renowned what? (2/8 correct)
- (Musicals) What is the title of the popular duet from the musical Grease that was ranked #9 on Billboard’s “Best Summer Songs of All Time” (2/8 correct)
- Team responses: BLANK (2), Independence Day, Mission to Mars (3), Capricorn Down, Earth Girls Are Easy. [Correct Answer]
- Team responses: Yes/No/Maybe (6), Yes/No/It, Yes/No/End [Correct Answer]
- Team responses: Great Expectations (2), Oliver Twist, Brothers Karamazov, Pride & Prejudice, Little Women (2), Little House on the Prairie [Correct Answer]
- Team responses: Flute, Keytar, Saxaphone, Keyboard, Block. Guitar, [Correct Answer]
- Team responses: Summer Lovin’ (6) [Correct Answer]