Get ready for a trivia mind-meld. The questions below are Jeopardy-style “before-and-after” clues. If you don’t know how it works, each answer combines the name of a current NFL player with a random piece of trivia.
This is where the team-trivia dynamic really comes in. The sports nut and the history buff or movie fanatic come together in glorious harmony.
- Example. This Detroit Lions wide receiver was an influential theologian and pastor during the Protestant Reformation. Answer: John Calvin Johnson
Good luck! Answers are below the photo of Question #1.
1. This beverage mixture of orange juice, milk, sugar, ice and vanilla flavoring was named after a Denver Broncos tight end that scored his first career touchdowns in Thursday night’s NFL season opener.
2. This Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back was a key organizer of the Democratic Party as the 8th President of the United States.
3. Before becoming a signature hit for Frank Sinatra, this song about an Indianapolis Colts quarterback was sung by Marlon Brando in the 1955 film version of Guys and Dolls.
4. This Chicago Bears wide receiver coined the phrase “the medium is the message” in 1964.
5. This Green Bay Packers wide receiver was known for his role as Felix Unger in the television adaptation of Neil Simon’s play, The Odd Couple.
6. This Dallas Cowboys wide receiver with the nickname “Big Country” was drafted 6th overall by the NBA’s Vancouver Grizzlies in 1995.
7. This Seattle Seahawks quarterback won the 1990 Billboard Hot 100 Single of the Year for “Hold On”.
8. This San Francisco 49ers quarterback married Mariah Carey in 2008 before becoming the host of America’s Got Talent.
9. Born in 1777, this American congressman, Speaker of the House and Secretary of State became a linebacker for the Green Bay Packers in 2009.
10. The main character in this TV show, about four friends in a small coastal town helping each other cope with adolescence, is a San Francisco 49ers kicker.
(Orange Julius Thomas)(Doug Martin Van Buren)(Andrew Luck Be a Lady)(Brandon Marshall McLuhan)(Tony Randall Cobb)(Dez Bryant Reeves)(Russell Wilson Phillips)(Colin Kaepernick Cannon)(Henry Clay Matthews)(Phil Dawson’s Creek)